- construction of data fields for any type of object, including files;
- access settings for each list;
- filters, sorting, column display, group editing, easy assignment of access permissions, export, etc.
- any hierarchical structure for storing objects can be implemented;
- unlimited number of lists;
- lists in workgroups;
- integration of business processes; Practical example of Records Management with a business process in Bitrix24.
The New List form consists of the three main sections:
- Settings: shows the general list settings such as list name, description, sorting and image. The only required field on this page is the List name, other fields may be left unfilled:
- Titles: titles for list sections & elements can be customized here. The Titles section is useful when you need to have the names to be more meaningful with respect to the content. Consider the following example: when you create a list of your company's partners, you can rename titles of elements and actions with them:
- Access: here you can select users, groups or departments & configure access permissions for the them - who will be able to read, edit the list or will have full access to it.
Obviously, these are only the most general parameters. Click Save to create a new list.
Customize List fields
At Fields Configuration page you will find the only default field - Name (you can edit it if you'd like). Use Add Field tab to add new fields to the list:
The New Field form has only one required field that is field name:
The following parameters are available:
- Sort: the less is the value, the higher the field is positioned
- Required: specifies that the field must exist (you won't be able to add a new list items if this filed isn't filled)
- Multiple: you can assign more than one field value to the field (when enabled)
- Type: specifies the filed value type - list, string, bound to user, date, etc.
- Default Value: set it to the most frequently used value so users don’t have to kill their time providing it again and again.
When you select a list type of field, a new tab is created automatically; open it to add list values:
To quite Fields Configuration page use Back to List option:
Add new list items
It's easy to add new sections - just click on Add Section & fill in section name.
To add new list elements click on Add element (in our example the Add element title has been substituted to Add partner). The new list element form will show fields you have configured for this list, Section tab (renamed to Region is our example), Business Processes & Access.
Go to Sections tab to select section for this list item (if needed):
You can switch between Show Section views for easier navigation:
Here is how it looks when Show Sections option is enabled:
Select fields you want to see in the List Grid & click Apply.
Use Apply For All Users option to save List Grid configuration for all account users.
To reset settings use Default option.
List Filter & Search
You can add list fields to the filter widget with the help of Add tab. Set field value & click Search.
If you'd like to save filter configuration for all account users, click on Setting icon inside the filter & use Apply To All Users option.
You can use both filter & smart search together to archive best search results: