When you've created your website it's time to let your clients learn about it. As a rule, people find information via search engines, such as Google.
Use Google Search Console to index your webiste.
Why use Google Search Console
Monitor your site's performance in Google Search results:
- Make sure that Google can access your content
- Submit new content for crawling and remove content you don't want to be shown in search results
- Create and monitor content that delivers visually engaging search results
- Maintain your site with minimal disruption to search performance
- Monitor and resolve malware or spam issues so your site stays clean
How to use Google Search Console
Enter your website address on the Google Search Console page and click Add a property.
Now you need to confirm that you own this website. There are four ways to do that:
- HTML tag - add a meta tag to your site's home page
- Domain name provider - sign in to your domain name provider
- Google Analytics - use your Google Analytics account
- Google Tag Manager - use your Google Tag Manager account
In this example, we will use the first method - add a meta tag to our site's home page.
Copy the meta tag. Then open your website's homepage settings > click More > Custom HTML and CSS and paste this meta tag. Also, make sure to enable Add to search engine index option.
Save settings and Publish your website.
On the Google Search Console page, click Verify.
Done! Now your website is registered in Google and Google Search Console tools are available for your website.