If you need a higher level of customization, corporate branding or integration with other enterprise software, your Bitrix24 Account can be migrated from the Cloud to your on-premise server and deployed using the Bitrix24 Self-Hosted license.
Carefully read the information below to migrate from the Cloud to On-Premise version.
After submitting a ticket to our Support and confirming that you want to migrate from the Cloud to On-Premise version, support specialists will backup your Cloud account.
Backing-up your Cloud project and migrating it to the Self-hosted version is free of charge and can be performed only once for 1 Cloud account/1 commercial license key of Self-hosted version.
Backing-up process may take more time if you have rented numbers on your account. It is possible to transfer these rented numbers from Cloud to On-Premise version, but it's a complicated task, so it baking-up process takes more time than usual. Also, you need to send a separate request to support to transfer your rented numbers after getting your backup and deploying it.
Here is a list of requirements for migration from Cloud to On-Premise version:
- You need to have a commercial license key (for Bitrix24 On-Premise) with an active subscription for technical support and product updates. Your key should be activated and registered in advance. You can verify your license key on our site.
- The number of active users for this key must not be less than the number of users in your Bitrix24 Cloud account. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase additional user licenses (coupons) for your key.
You can check the number of your Bitrix24 Cloud account users in Subscription section.Important: invited users are also counted as active users. Dismissed employees are not counted as active users as well as external users.
- The following components of your Bitrix24 Cloud account will be backed-up: database, public files and bitrix kernel files. It means that all backed-up elements will be restored to an empty directory and database in your Self-hosted product copy.
- We strongly recommend that you use our Virtual Appliance as a product environment for your Self-Hosted product installation. In case you use a custom product environment, we cannot guarantee a successful outcome of Cloud-to-Self-hosted version migration of your Bitrix24 account.
- Your Bitrix24 Cloud account backup will consist of files and elements previously backed-up during the [last] night. Any changes made in your Bitrix24 after this date will not be included in the backup. As a matter of fact, you should specify the date when we should initiate the project backup procedure. Important: the process of backing-up your Cloud files and elements may take 1-3 days, no changes made during these 1-3 days will be included in your backup.
- The edition of the Self-Hosted version of Bitrix24 that you are migrating your Bitrix24 Cloud account to may not contain all the tools and features originally available in the Cloud version. As a result, some data may not be transferred to your Self-hosted product copy (please compare the Self-hosted editions or consult our sales staff - firstname.lastname@example.org).
- There may be problems with http connection as Bitrix24 Virtual Appliance uses a self-signed certificate.
- Apps installed from Bitrix24 Marketplace are not transferred.
For the correct work of Telephony, you need to integrate a trusted SSL certificate.
Telephony technical requirements are different for Cloud and On-Premise version.
If you have any questions about migration from Cloud to On-Premise version, please submit a ticket to our support. If you are ready to migrate, please contact support and provide the following information:
- Your Bitrix24 Self-hosted license key (the number of allowed users must not be less than the number of users you currently have in your Bitrix24 Cloud).
- Bitrix24 Cloud account name (URL, e.g. https://MYCOMPANY.bitrix24.com).
- Bitrix24 Cloud main administrator login and password (you will be able to change the password after the backup is completed).
- The date when we should initiate the data backup procedure (this will be the last day you'll be able to work in the Cloud).
- Confirmation that you know about migration conditions and requirements and agree with them. You can send a link to this article as a confirmation.