Use automation rules to streamline client management process and help employees adhere to lead processing algorithm. Automation rules will perform actions in an unattended manner: send e-mails, make calls, etc.
Go to CRM > More > Settings > Automation to configure Automation rules and Triggers.
Run – this is the key parameter which specifies when the rule should be applied and the action performed.
● Immediately – action will be performed immediately after CRM record has changed its status. If you will configure several rules with “immediate” parameter – all of them will be applied at the same time when record’s status is changed.
● In - delay interval before the rule is applied, after a CRM record has changed status. This is probably the most popular parameter, which helps to build CRM record’s processing based on one status. For example, after an email is sent to the client (e.g. lead status = email sent) – call back in 1 day to know if the client is interested in the proposition. In 2 days - to send another email, etc. The action chain can consist of multiple automation rules, where each rule is to perform a particular activity in a defined amount of time (minutes, hours, days).
● Before – the rule will be applied to the specified time period prior to the date specified in the CRM record (lead or deal). For example, it can send a payment reminder in one day before the due date.
● After previous automation rule - this parameter helps to build logic actions chain of actions, when your rule shouldn’t be activated before the previous rule is applied. For example, you need to call your client after an email is sent to make sure it was received and read. If email hasn’t been sent, the call won’t be scheduled.
Automation Rules Types
All automation tools are grouped into 4 categories: for employee, for client communication, advertising, custom automation rules.
1. For Employee:
- Activity - the rule will automatically create an activity for the user.
- Write to log - this rule automatically adds a message to CRM element card's History tab.
- Add comment - the rule will add a comment to a lead or a deal. This comment will be displayed in the CRM element's card.
- Add message to Activity Stream – another way of notifying your sales team what actions they should perform next, but this time the message is added to the Activity Stream, which gives the possibility to start discussion and comment on the notification. Time and recipients are configured in the rule settings.
- Add to exceptions - this rule will automatically add lead or deal contact information (email address and phone number) to the exceptions list. Read more about exceptions list in the article - Exceptions list.
- Book a resource - the rule automatically books a resource and assigns a selected employee for selected date and time. Read more about booking resources in the article - Book a resource.
- Cancel booking - the rule cancels the active booking in the selected "Book a resource" field.
- Change company - this rule allows to change any company information in a deal automatically.
- Change contact - this rule allows to change any contact information in a deal automatically.
- Change responsible person - simple rule, that changes CRM record's responsible person.
- Change status (stage) – if your lead processing method is rather simple, then you can automate it even more – change record’s (lead or deal) status (or stage) automatically after a certain condition has been met.
- Control – the rule helps you to control CRM record's progress within your sales funnel or deal pipeline. For example, you can set a rule that a lead can stay unassigned (status=unassigned) for a maximum of 3 days. You can add the rule for this status notifying you that the sales agent hasn’t yet changed lead status. This type of rule allows you to control each CRM record’s (lead or deal) stage\status and will automatically notify you when your team is falling behind.
- Create using source - for leads: the system can automatically create a deal (within the selected pipeline), contact or company using the lead. For deals: quotes or invoices can be created.
- Delete CRM record – the rule that deletes CRM record (lead or deal) when applied. Usually, this rule is used for unqualified leads, which are considered as junk leads.
- Send email- the system will send email to the responsible person. You can also add more recipients.
- Generate code - the system will generate a code with the selected string length. For example, this code can be used as a unique for each client discount code.
- Notification – this very useful parameter can be configured to send your sales agents reminders what actions should be performed during lead processing. You can add notification description (e.g. what should be done at this step) and configure who will be shown as notification sender. Please note that notification rule is configured for all CRM records types generally (e.g. for all leads) – it is more convenient to leave recipient field = responsible. In this case, the system will identify record’s responsible user and will automatically send him or her this notification.
- Edit element - the rule will modify CRM record's fields. For example, when your lead reaches the final status "complete lead" it can be recorded as "converted". The number of conditions you may add is unlimited.
- Schedule a call – the rule will automatically schedule a call and will notify your sales agent that he or she needs to call the client.
- Schedule a meeting – the rule automatically schedules a meeting, adds it to sales agent's activities and to his\her personal calendar. This makes sales agents planning easier, allowing them to simply perform activities listed in the system without being afraid to forget something.
- Send SMS - the rule will automatically send an sms to the responsible person or other employees.
- Task - the rule will automatically create a task for the user.
- Wait - the rule allows to leave comments or instructions for either inactive leads/deals when any activity is detected from their side or for new leads/deals.
- Robocall - phone call that uses a computerized autodialer to deliver a pre-recorded message, as if from a robot.
- Send SMS - the system sends an sms to the client (with predesigned text) via selected Marketplace provider.
- Send email - this rule automatically sends emails to your clients. Just add message title and text.
- Send via Open Channel - (more about open channels here)
- Facebook advertisements
You can run Facebook ads directly from your Bitrix24 account.
Add Automation Rule, choose Advertising - Facebook Advertisements. Configure advertising run parameters & click "Connect":
After Facebook account authorization you will see your Facebook advertising account & audiences added automatically. Choose audience & configure "remove from audience" option, if necessary.
After the automation rule is configured, you can be sure the system will automatically send client's details (from lead or deal) to the connected Facebook audience. Please note that the system send the client's data (email or phone number) to the Facebook audience. You should create & configure new ads inside Facebook ads manager.
- Google AdWords advertisements
- Webhook – this rule helps to send data to any other system (webhook manual).
- Applications24 - this is option redirects you to the Marketplace apps page where you can add CRM bot.
Click CRM > Settings > Permissions > Access Permissions to configure user access permissions.
Choose the role that you want to edit access permissions for and select actions that this role can perform - Update or Read.
You can give users different access permissions to leads automation rules and deals automation rules.