On-Premise licensing changes for clients
In order to continue providing quality and timely product updates we are switching Bitrix24 On-Premise license to a subscription model from September 1, 2022.
While prices for all editions remain the same, the annual renewal of your product key calculated at 25% of the edition price will be mandatory.
What will change?
Bitrix24 On-premise license will switch to a mandatory yearly subscription instead of the one time fee with optional paid access to updates.
New Bitrix24 On-Premise Enterprise Unlimited users edition will no longer be available for purchase.
Below is the summary for the major changes to the End User License Agreement (EULA), which will be effective on September 1, 2022:
- We generally updated the text of the terms, added structure to the sections, and changed the order of the sections where necessary.
- EULA was supplemented with section “Definitions” at the beginning, which is aimed to ease the general understanding of the EULA.
- The section 2 is supplemented with special usage conditions for the Product components (please refer to §2.1.3.).
- Transition rules for Renewals and Upgrades of your license edition and type described in §2.1.4.
- Now you can find the description of the Updates in §2.1.7.
- Please note that we include in EULA a new subsection 2.2. (License types and terms) dedicated to different types of licenses, which are now:
(a) Subscription License, which is a license that allows you use the Product for a limited time period. When such period expires, your On-Premise Product will be locked if you don’t renew your Subscription License. This type of license reflects our new subscription model which will be effective on September 1, 2022. For details, please refer to §2.2.1.
(b) Standard License. Your current commercial license will turn into Standard License on September 1, 2022 unless you renew it to Subscription License type. For details, please refer to §2.2.3.
(c) Limited License is provided to the User only in case and from the date of provision of the Standard License. For details, please refer to §2.2.4.
(d) NFR-License. For details, please refer to §2.2.5.
(e) Trial Version. For details, please refer to §2.2.6.
- In §2.3. you can find a description of the License Extensions.
- §9.2. “Export Control and Compliance with Laws” was amended in compliance with regulations.
- A clause dedicated to the changes to the EULA was amended and moved to the section 4 (please refer to §4.3).
- In clause 7.2.2. we described measures Bitrix24 can take at its sole discretion and without any notice if you violate the terms of the EULA.
- We clarified the ways we may use to send you legally significant notifications including connected with the EULA in section 13.
Frequently asked questions
I have an active Bitrix24 On-premise license key. How will it affect me?
After September 1, 2022 all new Bitrix24 On-premise licenses will be provided as a subscription license that is required to be renewed annually for 25% from the On-Premise edition price.
The license keys purchased before September 1, 2022 will continue to work on previous terms. However, to receive updates, support, and access to Bitrix24 cloud services you will not be able to buy the renewal of your maintenance subscription, instead you will be required to switch to a subscription license. This will be the same 25% from your license Edition price and will give you the same access to updates, support, and Bitrix24 services.
Will I have to pay more for renewing my license every year?
No, the price of your license renewal will remain the same: 25% from the Edition price.
I have purchased the Bitrix24 license key but have not activated it yet. Сan I do it after September 1, 2022?
You will need to activate this key before September 1, 2022. If you fail to do that please contact our Sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen if I do not purchase a renewal for my new On-Premise license that works on subscription model?
You will have a 14 days grace period after subscription license end date to purchase and activate the renewal. If the subscription renewal is not paid by then, your On-Premise product copy will be locked.
Will the On-premise upgrade prices change?
Yes, after September 1, 2022, the On-premise edition upgrade pricing policy will change. For license switched to subscription model, in order to upgrade to a higher edition, you will need to pay the full price of the new edition. The unused days of the current subscription license will be recalculated and added to the 1 year of the new edition subscription.