RPA, unlike CRM entities, has no preset fields. It means that you have to create them.
Custom fields can be used both at workflow start or during the workflow work. In the first case, fields should be added during the creation of the workflow. In the second case, you should add fields in Kanban.
How to create fields to be filled in at start
During the workflow creation, click Create field in the Fields to fill in upon start block.
Select the field type.
Data types in fields
- String - is a text box.
- Number/Integer - type of fields for numbers.
- Yes/No - you can specify, for example, whether a meeting with the client is required or not.
- Date/Time - in a field of this type, you can specify, for example, the date and time of the meeting with the client.
- Money - you can specify currency in this field.
- Link - you can give a link, for example, to the client's website.
- Address - you can specify a client's address.
- Resource Booking - this field type allows you to book resources in the CRM entity.
- List - is a list for multiple values.
- File - you can upload, for example, a recording of a conversation from a meeting with a client or any document.
- Bind to user - you can select an employee of your company.
- Bind to CRM items/dictionaries - in this field, you can specify a company or contact from the CRM.
- Bind to information block sections/elements - in a field of this type, you can bind the item, for example, to a department or a specific workflow.
If you want to edit a field, click the gear icon and select Configure.
In the slider, you can configure additional field parameters.
- Name - field name is displayed in the account form and in the list of fields.
- Sort - it determines the position of a field in the list. The smaller the number, the closer the field is to the top of the list.
- Multiple - several values can be written in the field at once. For example, telephone numbers or addresses.
- Required - employees will not be able to save the item form if this field is empty.
- Show in filter - you can filter items by the value in this field or just display it in a list.
- Searchable - the field will be indexed for searching.
In the All Languages and More tabs, you can specify additional options: field name in other languages, default field value, input field size, row count, minimum length, maximum length, and validation regular expression.
Save the changes, then the field will appear in the workflow.
How to create fields in Kanban
In Kanban, click on the gear icon and select Field Settings.
In the slider, you will see a list of fields that are already in this workflow. If you want to create a new one, click the Create button.
In this slider, fill in the data in the same way as you did when you created the workflow. Save the changes.