There are two ways your Bitrix24 employees can call each other using Bitrix24 tools:
- Via Bitrix24 Messenger Web, Desktop and Mobile app using WebRTC technology.
Features of voice calls and video calls
- Allow turn.calls.bitrix24.com (this address is used for calls) access and open port 3478 (TCP and UDP) for STUN and TURN protocols. If peers are not able to establish a direct connection, TURN-server can act as a proxy for RDP connection (UDP ports 16384-32767).
- To perform video calls, you need to have an Internet connection speed depending on the video quality (VP8 codec):
- 720p, 30 fps: 1-2 Mbps
- 360p, 30 fps: 0.5-1 Mbps
- 180p, 30 fps: 0.1-0.5 Mbps
Video quality is changed automatically depending on the connection speed.
Use the formula below to figure out what Internet connection speed you need to have to perform a group video call between employees:
from 0.1 to 2 Mbps * [number of users in a group video call] * 2
- Video conferencing is available for small private groups of up to 12 users. If there are more than 12 employees in the group, the video call button will be unavailable.
Bitrix24 On-Premise Edition users have the lesser limit of 10 employees in the group to make a group video call, but need to meet the following requirements:- have an active Bitrix24 On-Premise license
- have a Telephony module installed
- Use SFU Voximplant server for video calls option needs to be enabled in the settings of the Instant Messenger module (im).
- In the Bitrix24 Mobile app, you can perform and acccept only one-on-one calls.
- The duration of video and voice calls between employees is not limited.
- By dialing the extension number in Bitrix24 Messenger.
Or by dialing on SIP phone the extension number associated with a certain employee.Important! When dialing an employee's extension number, the call is NOT charged.