You can configure the access permissions for the employees to work with Stock transfer documents. You can enable the following permissions:
- View – an employee will be able to view documents. If this access permission is disabled, the employee will see a message that he/she does not have enough rights to view the section.
- Create and edit – an employee will be able to edit and create new documents. If you disable this access permission, the employee will not be able to edit old documents and the create button will be blocked.
- Process inventory objects – an employee with this access permission will be able to process documents.
- Cancel processing – an employee with this access permission will be able to cancel document processing and return the balances of products.
- Delete inventory object – an employee with this access permission will be able to delete drafts and canceled documents.
- Allow negative product quantity on stock transfer – the employee can move products in quantities exceeding the actual number of products in the warehouse. After processing such a document, the balance of products in stock will become negative. Usually this access permission is used when the products have arrived to the warehouse, but they have not been entered into the system yet.
Example of access permissions settings
For example, we need to configure the access permissions of a warehouse manager so that he/she can control the product movement between outlets and distribute products between warehouses.
Enable the View, Create and edit, Process inventory objects and Allow negative product quantity on stock transfer access permissions.
Now the employee can create, process stock transfer documents and specify negative values of products in stock. This is useful when a manager knows that a product is in stock, but it is not accounted for in the system, so he/she can quickly distribute it to sales outlets.
When working with the document, access permissions to specific warehouses are taken into account. If you have given an employee access permission to one particular warehouse, he/she will only be able to work with documents from this warehouse.
Read more information in the article: Access permission: View and select warehouses.