You can configure the access permissions for the employees to work with inventory management documents. For the Stock receipt, you can enable the following permissions:
- View – an employee will be able to view documents. If this access permission is disabled, the employee will see a message that he/she does not have enough rights to view the section.
- Create and edit – an employee will be able to edit and create new documents. If you disable this access permission, the employee will not be able to edit old documents and the create button will be blocked.
- Process inventory objects – an employee with this access permission will be able to process documents.
- Cancel processing – an employee with this access permission will be able to cancel document processing and return the balances of products.
- Delete inventory object – an employee with this access permission will be able to delete drafts and canceled documents.
Example of access permissions settings
For example, we need to configure a role for an employee in the warehouse so that he/she could mark the actual arrival of products from the supplier and check the quantity with the stock receipt.
To do this, enable the View and Process inventory objects access permissions and disable the others.
Now, when the manager arranges with the supplier for a new shipment, he/she will start a stock receipt draft. The employee in the warehouse will be able to accept the products, verify their quantity, and process the document.
When working with the document, access permissions to specific warehouses are taken into account. If you have given an employee access permission to one particular warehouse, he/she will only be able to work with documents from this warehouse.
Read more information in the article: Access permission: View and select warehouses.