To control the working hours of the company, you need to add work schedules.
Go to the Time and Reports section and select Work Schedules. Click Add Schedule.
There are three types of work schedules in Bitrix24:
- Flexible schedule
- Shifts schedule
- Fixed schedule
How to create a flexible schedule
An employee having a flexible schedule can clock-in and clock-out at any time. Duration of a working day can be more than 24 hours.
Select Flexible schedule type, specify the Schedule title and select a Reporting period.
Select employees who will work according to this schedule. If you want some employees to have another schedule, add them to the exceptions list.
In the Allow clock-in and clock-out section, you can restrict employees to clock-in/out in a web browser or via mobile devices. Select from which devices employees can manage their work time.
How to create a fixed schedule
A fixed schedule allows performing stricter working time control and tracking schedule violations.
Select Fixed schedule type, specify the Schedule title and select a Reporting period. Schedule violations will be tracked within the selected reporting period.
Select employees who will work according to this schedule.
In the Work hours section specify working days, work hours, and a break duration. The total duration will be displayed automatically.
Select Holidays and weekends.
If you click the cogwheel button and select another schedule in the Use calendar section, holidays and weekends specified in the selected schedule will be automatically added to the current schedule. Also, when you update holidays and weekends in the selected schedule, they'll be updated in the current schedule too.
How to create shifts schedule
You can also create shifts schedule. You need to specify the shift name, the shift start and end time, and the break duration.
Save the schedule and assign shifts to employees.
Working time control
In the Track events section, you can specify how your employees will clock-in/out:
- Clock-in and clock-out - employees need to clock-in and clock-out manually.
- Clock-in only - employees need to clock-in manually. Employees will be clocked-out automatically according to the specified work hours.
In the Track schedule violations section, select schedule violations that you want to track.
- Clock-in and clock-out - to track violations, specify the time when employees must clock-in and clock-out. If there is a violation, a notification will be sent to specified employees.
- Working hours per day - if an employee clocks-out and has fewer work hours than the specified value, a notification will be sent to specified employees.
- Maximum length of time to shift clock-in and clock-out times - specify the length of time an employee can edit clock-in and clock-out time.
- Maximum underworked hours for reporting period - for example, you have 40 hours work week. If you specify that maximum underworked hours for the reporting period (in this case, it's a week) cannot be more than 2 hours, an employee can work for 38 hours and nobody will get a notification about it. But if he/she has 37 working hours at the end of the reporting period, a notification will be sent to specified employees.
Shifts schedule has some additional schedule violations settings.
- Shift start - specify if your employees can be late for the shift.
- Missed a shift - if an employee misses a shift, a notification will be sent to specified employees.
- Maximum early shift start (offset) - specify if your employees can clock-in earlier than the shift starts according to the schedule. For example, an employee's shift starts at 9:00 but they are allowed to start an hour earlier if so needed. Therefore, the employee should not start their shift earlier than 8:00.