1. Change default Bitrix24 account name (address)
When you create a new Bitrix24 account, it is automatically given a random name (address) - e.g. b24-n5902fca7a9b82.bitrix24.com. You can change it for the other name that suits your company better - e.g. mycompany.bitirx24.com. If the selected domain name is available and you have a Free, Start+, CRM+ or Project+ plan subscription, you can do that only once for free.
To change the account name, the administrator needs to click the pencil button next to the company name.
2. Use own domain
You can use your own domain for your Bitrix24 account. For example, you can use test.company.com or mycompany.com instead of mycompany.bitrix24.com.
You no longer have to purchase and renew SSL certificate for your domain. The certificate is now issued by Let's Encrypt certificate authority and is renewed automatically.
Follow these steps to use your own domain:
- Please specify the correct name of your domain that you want to be used as your Bitrix24 domain name (e.g. my.company.com).
- After you've provided all the required information, Bitrix24 Support will send you four "IN NS" records. You need to add these records to your DNS.
We provide only this type of records. We don't provide IP-, CNAME- or any other types of records. If you have any problems adding these records, please contact your domain name registrar. If your domain registrar cannot add NS-records, you need to change the domain registrar.
3. Change custom Bitrix24 account name
Bitrix24 Standard and Professional plans subscribers can change the first half of their 3-rd level domain names, e.g. from test.bitrix24.com to mycompany.bitrix24.com. If you are our Standard or Professional plan subscriber, you can contact our Helpdesk with this request (the only thing you need to provide in your ticket is your old domain name and the name you want to have).
There are several options that will stop working if you change your Bitrix24 domain name:
- Configured Open Channels (you will need to disconnect them before changing the domain name and reconnect again).
- All website widgets (CRM webforms, online chats, callback forms). You'll need to disconnect them before changing the domain name and reconnect them after changing your Bitrix24 domain name.