Further change of your custom Bitrix24 account name
If you have just created a new Bitrix24 account - here is how to change the default account name.
If your Bitrix24 account has custom name already, but you want to change, please read below.
Bitrix24 Standard & Professional plans subscribers can change the first half of their 3-rd level domain names, e.g. from test.bitrix24.com to mycompany.bitrix24.com. If you are our paid plan subscriber - you can contact our Helpdesk with this request (the only thing you have to provide in your ticket is your old domain name & the name you want to have).
3-rd Level Own Domain Name
If you already have your own website domain or you want to purchase one, you can use the 'Own Domain name' service.
1. Please make sure your subscription plan supports this option (Bitrix24 Professional plan does, when Free, Standard or NFR plans do not)
2. Buy a 3rd-level domain (my.company.com) or higher.
Why 3rd-level domain? The reason is that if the lower level domain is bound, you won’t be able to configure all required settings and use all Bitrix24 options and possibilities.
3. Submit a ticket to the Helpdesk. (IMPORTANT: the ticket must be submitted by the first level administrator (the user who has registered the Bitrix24 intranet)
4. Send us your SSL certificate:
- private key
- public key
- certificate chain up to CA root
(Even if you have sent us certificate keys for the 2-nd level domain, you need to send all data listed above for the 3-rd level domain anyway).
- SSL certificate must be issued by CA. Self-signed certificates will not work.
- Certificate chain up to CA root is mandatory.
- If the certificate expires, please send a request to technical support to renew it. Otherwise, after the certificate expires, the domain name will be immediately changed to the original one.
5. Please specify the correct name of your domain that you want to be used as your Bitrix24 domain name (e.g. my.company.com).