Bitrix24 Messenger Overview
The messenger interface includes:
- Chats: person-to-person chats, private chats, public chats and general chat.
- Voice & Video calls: functions use your browser (support presently for Chrome 26.0 and higher) only. Access to video conferencing for groups up to 4 users is provided.If you are away from your desk, the IM will notify you about missed calls & add it to your call history.
- Screen sharing & HD video conferencing: is available via desktop app for groups up to 4 users (video). HD streaming via mobile devices is done in 16:9 aspect ratio. Importantly, if you don't have a high speed internet connection, you can still hold video conferences in standard quality. Screen sharing is also available (read more here).
- Notifications: all system notifications about various events are gathered here. Notifications can be configured here as well.
- Contacts search: with the most recent contacts displayed conveniently.
- Online status Indicator: online, away, don't disturb (the last one prevents messages from popping up and interrupting work, but an indicator still displays the number of new messages).
- Message History: all messages & files shared via Im are saved in a history.
- Desktop app: a stand alone application for Windows, Mac OS X & Linux(beta) is available. Besides web messenger options, desktop app also offers files synchronization between Bitrix24 cloud & user's computer.
- Mobile app: the app supports Bitrix24's chat, audio and video calls. New messages and notifications are pushed to you even when the application is closed. Available for iOS & Android.
How to useYou can use Bitrix24 Messenger in web version of your account, desktop app or mobile app. Use chat icons to create new chats & Invite option to invite new users to chat. Voice & Video calls option can be found in small chats consisting of up to 4 persons. Chat History is available inside each chat.
If you'd like to mention user in the chat message - use user icon located under the new message area.
For web version of Bitrix24 messenger - you can change messenger backgrounds. By default, all users have transparent background (see above), but you can set one of the suggested backgrounds as well (see below).
Open Commands section to see available options - such as bold, italic or quote text.
IM Keyboard shortcuts
You can use these keyboard shortcuts to change your Bitrix24 Instant Messanger text format:
"Ctrl+B" – bold font
"Ctrl+I" – cursive font
"Ctrl+S" – a line (a "strikeout") drawn through the text
"Ctrl+U" – underlines the enclosed text