Starting March 4th, a new Facebook messenger platform policy is applied. Everybody who uses this platform needs to comply with the new policy.
Overview of the new policy
- Only a client can start a new conversation with a company. Companies can only reply to clients' messages.
- Companies have up to 24 hours to respond to a client. This change aligns with people’s expectations of faster responses from businesses.
- If more than 24 hours have passed since the last message from a client, it means that the client has finished the conversation.
How it works in Bitrix24
When a client sends you a message via one of these open channels:
- If an agent hasn't replied within 24 hours from the last message from the client, the agent won't be able to send messages to this client.
- If an agent has replied to a client, but the client hasn't sent any messages within 24 hours after getting a reply, the agent won't be able to send messages to this client but will be able to close the conversation in Bitrix24. If this client sends a message later, the agent will be able to reply.
- Agent's messages or canned responses don't affect this "24-hour messaging window".
- Message Tags are not supported.