There are some technical requirements that have to be met to be able to perform video calls:
- Video calls are available in the Google Chrome version 80+, in the Bitrix24 Desktop app and the Mobile app. When calling a colleague with an older version of the browser, there will be the corresponding notification shown.
- For internal calls to work properly, certain local network settings must be done. You can get a list of settings from Bitrix24 Support.
- To perform video calls, you need to have an Internet connection speed depending on the video quality (VP8 codec):
- 720p, 30 fps: 1-2 Mbps
- 360p, 30 fps: 0.5-1 Mbps
- 180p, 30 fps: 0.1-0.5 Mbps
Video quality is changed automatically depending on the connection speed.
Use the formula below to figure out what Internet connection speed you need to have to perform a group video call between employees:
from 0.1 to 2 Mbps * [number of users in a group video call] * 2
- Bitrix24 On-Premise Edition users have the limit of 24 employees in the group to make a group video call, but need to meet the following requirements:
Read more in the article - Bitrix24 On-Premise: enable calls for groups of 24 employees.
- have an active Bitrix24 On-Premise license;
- have a Telephony module installed;
- Use SFU Voximplant server for video calls option needs to be enabled in the settings of the Instant Messenger module (im) version 20.0.887 or higher.