Sometimes your employee cannot answer the phone call from the client due to different reasons (employee took a break, took a time off, etc.). Configure call forwarding and don't lose such clients!
How to configure call forwarding
You can configure call forwarding in Queue group settings > Missed call processing. There are two ways to get to this section:
- When you configure the phone number preferences: Telephony > Connection > Configure number > Forward inbound call to queue group > Queue group settings.
- Or you can configure queue group first and then select this group for a particular number: Telephony > Queues > Add queue group or Edit the existing queue group.
Call forwarding options
There are several call forwarding options in Bitrix24:
- Forward call to employee - missed calls will be forwarded to the last employee in the queue.
For the correct work of this option, phone number in the employee profile needs to be in the international phone number format - country code, area code, phone number. +, () and spaces don't affect the phone number recognition.
- Forward call to specified number - missed calls will be forwarded to the specified number.
For the correct work of this option, phone number needs to be entered in the international phone number format - country code, area code, phone number. +, () and spaces don't affect the phone number recognition.
- Forward to another queue group - missed calls will be forwarded to another queue group.
- Wait for available operator - call "moves in circles" inside the queue until any employee from this queue group answers it.
If all operators are busy:
If you select Wait for available operator missed call processing option and to everybody type of call distribution, the unanswered call is ended and added to statistics as a missed call.
- your client hears the Wait music tune that can be changed in phone number settings
- when any operator is ready to answer the call, this call is forwarded to this operator
- if there are several calls, they will be processed in the order they are received
Manual call forwarding
In Bitrix24 you can transfer a call you have already picked up to another user. This can be done directly in the call window.
There are two options available:
- If you click call transfer button > select an employee that you want to redirect the call to > click Redirect without waiting for an employee to answer the call, your conversation with a client is automatically ended and this client will need to wait for the selected employee to answer the call.
If the other employee doesn't answer the redirected call, this call is ended.
- If you click call transfer button > select an employee that you want to redirect the call to > wait for this employee to answer the call, you can talk to this employee before redirecting this call. The client listens to the Wait music tune while you're talking to the other employee. Then you can click Redirect and your colleague will start a conversation with the client.