Tasks automation rules automate your workflow and help you increase efficiency in working on large projects and tasks.
Set the automation rules, and Bitrix24 will automatically send notifications, change responsible persons, change deadlines, etc.
How to configure tasks automation rules
As an example, we will create an automation rule that will notify the responsible person in the Activity stream that the task is almost overdue.
Create a special stage for tasks in the project.
Click Automation rules > Configure automation rules.
Add Almost overdue trigger to automatically move a task to the created stage when it's almost overdue.
- Status changed - as soon as the task status is changed to the specified status (e.g. "in progress"), this trigger will move it to the needed stage.
- Almost overdue - the trigger is activated 24 hours before the specified deadline for an unfinished task.
- Overdue - the trigger is activated after the deadline expires.
Add the required automation rule for the selected stage. As an example, we'll pick the rule for Employees Add message to Activity Stream.
As soon as a task gets to "Almost overdue!" stage, a responsible person gets a message to Activity Stream.
Available Tasks automation rules
- Add message to Activity Stream
- Change responsible person - specify the new responsible person and this automation rule will change the responsible person
- Change stage - the rule moves the task to the other stage
- Change status - the rule changes the task status
- Delete task
- Edit task - the rule edits the task, e.g. changes name, deadline, etc.
- Send email
- Task - the rule creates a new task