In invoices and smart processes, there are custom fields that work the same way as in other CRM entities. You can store information for which there are no system fields.
Create custom fields
You can create new fields in two ways: in the entity form and in the smart process menu.
The first way is no different from the process of creating fields in deals and contacts.
The second method can only be used in invoices and smart processes. Click the gear icon and select Field Settings.
In the slider, click Create.
Select the data type you want to write to the field.
Data types in fields
- Bind to user - in this field, you can select an employee of your company.
- Money - you can specify a number and currency in this field.
- Bind to CRM elements - in this field, you can specify a company or a contact from the CRM.
- String - is a text field.
- Integer/Number - type of fields for numbers.
- Date/Time - in this type of field, you can specify, for example, the date and time of the meeting with the client.
- True/False - in this type of field, you can specify, for example, whether a meeting with the client is required.
- Address - in the field of this type, you can specify the address of the client.
- Link - in a field of this type, you can give a link, for example, to the client's site.
- File - In this type of field, you can upload, for example, a recording of a conversation from a meeting with a client or any document.
- List - is a list for multiple values.
- Bind to information block sections/elements - in a field of this type, you can bind the element, for example, to a division or a specific workflow.
Configure the other options in the field form:
- Field ID - It will be used in documents, automation rules and workflows.
- Name - A field name is displayed in the invoice form and in the list of fields.
- Sort - It determines the position of the field in the list. The smaller the number, the closer to the top of the list the field is placed.
- Multiple - This option means that several values can be written in the field at once. For example, phone numbers or addresses.
- Required - This option means that employees will not be able to save the entity form if this field is empty.
- Show in filter - This option means that you can filter items by value in this field or just display it in a list.
- Searchable - This option means that the field will be indexed for general search.
In the All Languages and More tabs, you can configure additional settings:
- Field names in other languages
- Default field values
- Input field size
- Row count
- Minimum length
- Maximum length
- Validation regular expression
Edit and delete custom fields
Go to the Invoices or Smart process automation sections, click the gear icon and select Field settings.
To open the field settings, click on the name or the code. In the slider that opens, change the desired settings. Only the data type and code cannot be changed.
You can also delete the field. Click on the button in the bottom right corner of the slider.