Transfer data from another CRM to Bitrix24
You can use export – import process to transfer your data to Bitrix24, which means you need to export data from your old CRM and export it to Bitrix24.
Please note that you can currently import list of leads, contacts, companies, deals or products. CRM activities can not be imported.
Here is how to start import in Bitrix24 for leads, contacts, companies, deals:
- First export the list of CRM items (leads, contacts, companies, deals) that you want to transfer to Bitrix24 – to CSV file;
- Open your Bitrix24. There are 2 ways to open import widget in Bitrix24 CRM.
- Open CRM > Start & find Import Leads on the Start page
- Or use Import option in the CRM records (Contacts/Leads/Companies/Deals) list. You can find this option in List View for Contacts (Leads/Companies/Deals).
There are several import options available for contacts – if you are not importing your contacts from Gmail , Outlook, Yahoo. etc. use Import Custom CSV option.
3. Upload your CSV file to the import form. Please take these tips into accounts:
- make sure your import file is saved as CSV file
- lead name is the only mandatory field for leads
- import Companies before contacts
- when importing contacts - there is a "company" field in contacts that must correspond to an existing company
- you can download import sample file from the import widget page
You can import products to Bitrix24 catalog at CRM > Product Catalog page, import option can be found under Settings:
Custom fields import
If your import file has any (custom) fields Bitrix24 CRM does not have by default, these new custom fields can be created in Bitrix24 & you will be able to successfully import your data after.1. To add new custom field to Bitrix24 CRM - go to CRM > More > Setting > Form & Report Settings>Custom fields > add field (e.g. Contacts > add field);
2. Set the new custom field parameters (you can read more about CRM custom fields here);
If you set field type = list – don't forget to add all possible lists property values, because if you forgot one, it will be imported with “undefined\no” value corresponding to this field.
For example, your list have the following values – 'red', 'green', 'orange', if you forgot to add 'orange' to the list, the system will import contacts with 'orange' value as list=undefined\0.
3. Please note that you need to add the new filed you have just created to the new CRM item (e.g. contact) creation form (CRM > contacts> add) – click 'hidden fields' - and choose your new field. It will be added to the from:
4. Open your import CSV file & give the custom field same name as your new custom field in Bitrix24 has (this step is not obligatory, but will help you to avoid confusion during the import process):
5. Start the import process;
6. In the second import settings page - 'fileds', choose the corresponding filed name in the proposed Bitrix24 custom fields list:
Duplicates search during import
Currently the duplicates search during import is performed for contacts, companies & leads. Please note that this option is available in the Extended CRM only (starting from Bitrix24 Plus plan)
Specify contact-company connection when importing
Please import Companies before Contacts. When importing contacts file - please match the corresponding 'company' name field:
In this case, the companies-contacts connection will be established automatically.
Import failed (funky characters, question marks)
If you see funky characters, question marks after you have finished import, you need to check the CSV file encoding - the file must be in UTF-8. You can get a sample file if you add a couple of CRM items, e.g. leads, and export them after. The exported leads file can be used as a sample. You can also use special programs to change your file encoding to UTF-8.