Any CRM element form has a set of standard fields, but any business is unique and has its own needs.
You can add custom fields to any CRM element form. Also, you can use filters and search by custom fields values.
Add a custom field
The easiest way to add a new custom field is to click the Add field button in the CRM element form.
Next, you need to select the type of the new custom field. For example, let's add a text field.
Specify the field name. You can also make the field required, multiple, and visible to selected employees only.
Click Save and the new custom field will be added to the CRM element form.
There is also another way to add custom fields and view all custom fields. Go to the CRM > Settings > Form and report settings > Custom fields.
Select a CRM element you want to add a custom field for and click Add Field.
Let's add a new custom field to a contact form.
- Sorting - the smaller is the "sorting" field value, the higher is the field in the CRM element form.
- Assign names in all languages - enable this option to specify the field name in different languages. If this option is enabled, you'll need to specify field values in all languages when adding a new CRM element.
- Name - specify the field name.
- Required - enable this option to make the field required.
- Multiple - enable this option to be able to specify several field values.
- Show in filter - enable this option to show the field in filters.
- Show in list - enable this option to show the field in the List view.
- Type - select the field type. Additional parameters are different for different field types.
Custom field types
Design - you can select how the list field will look like:
If you select the Check Box design, the list will look like that:
If you select the Multiselect list design, the list will look like that:
List Height - this parameter stands for the number of list items that can be selected without scrolling. For example, if the list height equals four, the list will look like that:
Use caption when value is empty - specify the phrase that will be displayed if no list item is chosen.
Go to the List tab to add list items.
Specify the list item and click Add to add another one.
Use green arrows on the left to move list items.
Import as list - each line will become a list item. If an item value is not the same as the item title, specify it in square brackets before the title. For example: "[v1]Value 1".
After adding list items, click Apply and select the default value. Go to the List tab > click the Default Value link > select the default value > click Save.
There are two additional parameters for this type of field: Default Value and Value.
Default Value - there are several options to select from:
- No - no default value.
- Current Time - current time will be specified as a default value automatically.
- Fixed Value - specify the default value manually.
Bind To Information Block Elements/Sections
Bind To CRM Elements
Delete custom fields
To delete custom fields, go to the CRM > Settings > Form and report settings > Custom fields. Select a CRM element form that you want to delete custom fields for > click Fields.
If you want to delete only one field, click the actions menu button next to the field name > Delete.
If you need to delete several fields, select them and click Delete.