Any product has a set of properties - color, manufacturer, material, etc. In Bitrix24, you can add as many custom properties to the product catalog as you need.
To add a new product property, open the CRM section > Settings > CRM settings > Start point > Product properties.
In this section, you can view a list of properties. Without this list, your online store wouldn't work correctly.
How to add a new product property
Click Add button.
Specify name and type of the property. Let's select List type, so that we could select the value from the list.
Other types of properties
- String - text value.
- Number - any number value. For example, weight of the product.
- File - use this type to attach file. For example, conformity certificate or image. You can specify the file type manually or select form the list.
- Bind to element - allows to select another product from the catalog. For example, to recommend another product.
- Bind to CRM items - allows to bind the product to a lead/contact/company/deal.
- Bind to Yandex.Maps - use this type to bind the product to a certain location. For example, location of the product manufacturer.
- Counter - Bitrix24 will increse the value automatically.
- Date/Time - use this type to specify "best before" date or any other date.
- HTML/text - text description with formatting feature.
- Link to Employee - use this type to link the product to an employee. For example, responsible manager.
- Money - use this type to specify prices. For example, price of the extended warranty.
Leave the checkmark in the Active box and add the property name.
You can make this property field required or multiple. If so, the employee will be able to select several values at the same time.
Select the Show filter for this property option, if you want this property to be in the filter on the product page.
To find this property in the filter, click Add Field.
Add list values. Specify the external ID and the value name.
Click Save. When you create a new product, add this property to the product form. Click Select field > Select from another section.
Check the box and click Select. Now you can choose the type of material.