By uniting users into workgroups for collaboration and projects, all communication and data related to a given project or team is organized in a single place.
You will be able to access all your project data easily by opening the corresponding workgroup.
You can keep track of all project activities & react to any group discussions in real-time.
Invite your clients, partners, outsource help or any other external users to your Bitrix24 workgroup. All workgroup functionality is available for external users, but these third parties are able only to see the workgroups which they are a part of.
Groups have individual permission settings and roles such as moderators, owners, and members. New members are added via invitation.
After starting the service, you can create an unlimited number of workgroups which can be edited, deleted or moved to the archive later.
Create new workgroup
How do I transfer a group into a project and back?
Invite Users To Workgroup
Select employees you want to add & click Send invitation.
You can invite individual users & entire departments as well (option All department & Subdepartment employees):
- Moderators: users who can moderate the group (edit group settings, invite users to group, delete users from the group)
- Departments: departments that you've invited to join the group.
- Members: individual users who have confirmed workgroup invitation (joined the group already).
- Connected users: users of connected (invited) departments. When you invite the whole department with all its employees, the department employees will be automatically added to the group & will be shown here.
- Activity Stream: group members will see group messages & activities here.
- Drive: group document library.
- Tasks: group tasks section - kanban, Gantt, subtasks, recurring tasks, templates, email tasks to external users, create tasks from email, etc.
- Calendar: group calendar.
- Conversations: group messages.
- Photo: group photo gallery.
- Wiki: group wiki (knowledge base).
- Lists: group lists (records management).
- Chat: workgroup chat for all group members.
- Filter & Search: workgroup own search & filters
- Hide tasks mode: hides task notifications from the workgroup Activity Stream.
- Notifications tab: enables\disables workgroup notifications.
- Group Actions tab: open main workgroup settings & options.
Who can create workgroups
- group owner only
- group owner and moderators
- all group members
Main Workgroup Parameters
1. Description: add workgroup name, description & image. Also, you can change the workgroup owner and select moderators.
Click More to access additional settings.
2. Features: you can select which tools will be available inside your workgroup.
3. Users allowed to invite to the workgroup: you can set who can invite users to group here.
4. Tags: add tags to make workgroups searching much easier.
5. Workgroup type:
- Visible to all - makes group visible to all account users.
- Open group - any account user can join the group.
- Archived - allows to move workgroup to archive, group is not deleted & all data is saved.
- Available on extranet - extranet users will be able to use this workgroup.
- Project - converts the workgroup into project.
Who can create groups (projects)?
Any company employee can create groups and projects in the cloud version of Bitrix24.
In Bitrix24 On-premise, the ability to create groups and projects is controlled in the administrative interface > Groups in the user profile.
The number of groups and projects in Bitrix24 is unlimited.