When you set up Bitrix24.Drive from the desktop app, the synchronization is specifically with My Drive and all of its contents. My Drive is a place where you can create or upload new files, delete existing ones, create new folders, grant permissions to access and sync to coworkers.
Right above the Drive list you will find 3 main tabs:
- Upload: use to upload new files form your computer.
- New Document: use to create new files.
- Create Folder: add new folders.
Select file to see quick file menu on the right: open, share, cope, delete or configure public link.
Switch between My Drive Views:
Group actions panel is located below the list: you can select several files & move them to another folder or copy them.
Show option allows to switch to Public Files or Recycle Bin.
The Recycle Bin allows to restore files that you have moved here.
My Drive Settings open 3 important options:
- Assign Permissions: set access permissions for My Drive.
- Network Drive: connect to your Network Drive.
- Settings For Working With Documents: you can choose if you'd like to work with files locally or in the cloud.
File & Folder Menu opens list of available options:
File menu provides more option sin comparison to file menu, e.g. it allows to copy file internal link or see file Revision History.
The Revision History not only shows all users who have modified the file but also allows to restore the previous versions of the file.
Create document option allows to choose between Document, Spreadsheet & Presentation and choose weather you want to create them using:
- Local Applications
- Google Docs
- Office 365
- MS Office Online
Default folders in My Drive
- Uploaded files: all files you add as attachments to the tasks or Activity Stream messages are stored under My Drive > Uploaded files. Files located in this folder are hidden from other users and are available for the Drive owner only, other users can access these files via tasks or messages they have access to.
Please note - this folder is not synchronized with the local Bitrix24 folder on your computer. If you delete files from this folder, these files won’t be deleted from the tasks or messages they are attached to.
- Stored Files: this folder contains files from your Bitrix24 account that you’ve saved to Drive.
- Created Files: here you will find files you have created in Activity Stream from scratch:
- imessenger: files sent via Bitrix24 instant messenger can be Saved to Drive, these files are located in imessenger folder in My Drive.